The Avira Security Suite was designed to protect you and has an extra FireWall as well as an AntiSpam and a backup function in addition to the award-winning virus protection.
In a user-defined installation or a modification installation, the following installation modules can be selected, added or removed.
Premium Security Suite
This module contains all components required for successful installation of Avira Premium Security Suite.
The AntiVir Guard runs in the background. It monitors and repairs, where necessary, files during operations such as open, write and copy in on-access mode. Whenever a user carries out a file operation (e.g. load document, execute, copy), Avira Premium Security Suite automatically scans the file. Renaming a file does not trigger a scan by AntiVir Guard.
MailGuard is the interface between your computer and the email server from which your email program (mail client) downloads the emails. MailGuard is connected as a so-called proxy between the email program and the email server. All incoming emails are routed through this proxy, scanned for viruses and unwanted programs and forwarded to your email program. Depending on the configuration, the program processes the affected emails automatically or asks the user for a certain action. In addition, the MailGuard can reliably protect you against spam emails.
When surfing the internet, you are using your web browser to request data from a web server. The data transferred from the web server (HTML files, script and image files, Flash files, video and music streams, etc) will normally be moved directly into the browser cache for display in the web browser, meaning that an on-access scan as performed by AntiVir Guard is not possible. This could allow viruses and unwanted programs to access your computer system. WebGuard is what is known as an HTTP proxy which monitors the ports used for data transfer (80, 8080, 3128) and scans the transferred data for viruses and unwanted programs. Depending on the configuration, the program may process the affected files automatically or prompt the user for a specific action.
Avira Firewall controls communication to and from your computer. It permits or denies communications based on security policies.
The Rootkit Detection checks whether software is already installed on your computer that can no longer be detected with conventional methods of malware protection after penetrating the computer system.
The Avira Premium Security Suite Shell Extension generates an entry Scan selected files with AntiVir in the context menu of the Windows Explorer (right-hand mouse button). With this entry you can directly scan files or directories.
The Backup component lets you create mirror backups of your data manually and automatically.
Here are some key features of "Avira Premium Security Suite":
· AntiVir stops all types of viruses
· AntiAd/Spyware eliminates ad/spyware
· AntiPhishing proactive protection against phising
· AntiRootkit against hidden rootkit threats
· AntiDrive-by prevents against downloading viruses when surfing
· AntiBot prevents dangerous bot networks
· EmailScannerEnhanced email protection
· WebGuard protection against malicious websites
· RescueSystem create a bootable rescue CD
· BackupSystem configurable data backup solution
· AntiSpam filters out unwanted emails
· FireWall protection against hackers
· GameMode uninterrupted game play
· QuickRemoval eliminate viruses at the push of a button
· NetbookSupport for laptops with low resolution
· ParentalControl block websites unsuitable for children